WHO is STAR for?
HOW does STAR work?
You Need STAR if...
1. Your company is not consistently "hitting its sales numbers".
2. Your regional sales managers are not consistently "hitting numbers".
3. Your senior sellers are not growing revenue and/or they are not consistently "hitting numbers".
4. Ramp time for newly hired sellers is longer than six to nine months.
5. You are experiencing high turnover within the sales organization.
6. Your CRO/Head of Sales is new to the organization.
7. There has been a re-org in the company and/or your product/offering has dramatically changed.
8. Your hiring process is not efficient nor quick.
9. There is no installed selling process that guides all on the sales team.
If any of the above expose gaps in your organization, or trigger anxiety, then you need STAR. There's good news: help can be on the way quickly so you can immediately benefit from the protocol's analytics and prescriptive recommendations that will re-focus your selling efforts. Click for more on the need for STAR.
“Over 81% of sales reps achieve their annual quota at companies that emphasize SPM (Sales Performance Management); lagging companies see only 25% of their reps achieve these quota goals.”
- Fred Shilmover, InsightSquared
STAR provides numerous benefits for company and sales leadership
Executive leadership value:
Establishes company performance standards and metrics that guide management focus on seller productivity and development.
Aligns senior leadership and sales management on revenue driving strategies and sales enablement needs.
Assists with compensation calibration, cost-of-sales expense management, and staffing decisions.
Sales management value:
Creates individual seller skill strength grade (STAR Score™), providing insights to competencies and skill development needs.
Guides and enhances design of specific skill development plans for individual producers, and for the sales team as a whole.
Generates open, honest dialogue between sales managers and individual sellers on salient development issues, fostering goal alignment and employee fulfillment.
Recruiting / hiring value:
Creates specific hiring profile that improves recruiting efforts, and increases success potential for newly hired sellers.
Provides sales managers with relevant and accurate evaluation framework for newly hired sellers, and helps accelerate ramp progress.
Generates insight to help with new seller on-boarding programs.